Wednesday, December 17, 2008
The Terrible Two's
Merek has thrown a few little temper tantrums over the past 4-6 months but last night we saw what she is truly capable of. I can basically sum it up in one word: TERROR. It was awful...she screamed and kicked and tried to bite and hit and twisted and squirmed and growled. It was awful. What was that? Your wondering what prompted such an awful, horendous and outrageous tantrum. Well I will tell you, it all started because after she got out of the tub I (being the horrible, mean mother that I am) tried to put her diaper on. Oh yes, I asked for it...what was i thinking? But it didnt stop there...oh no...it got much worse. You know that phrase "things cant get worse they can only get better." Whoever said that obviously did not have a toddler. So, finally, with ryan helping to hold her down we managed to get a diaper on her as well as her pajamas. Then she calmed down and played for a few minutes while I got her room ready to put her to bed. So we made the goodnight rounds to everyone and sweetly blew kisses and then she and I made eye contact...in that moment she realized: "They are going to make me go to bed". And the tantrum started again. After 15 minutes of screaming she finally wore herself out and fell asleep in my arms. WOW what a night. Then today my mother very encouragingly said "Dont worry it will get worse." I almost broke down a cried. Needless to say, we have officially entered .... The Terrible Two's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome! We live there too. We have days when the 'pankin' 'poon gets a real work out. I just keep reminding myself that these are the training years and we have to stick with it so we don't have a 16 year old who still acts like this! So, yes, I think it does get worse, but it also gets better (I hope).
Post a Comment